I got this meme from over at Karen’s. Won’t you play along too?
1. When you are having a bad day, what do you do as a little ‘pick me up’?
Hmm… I like to climb in the tub with a good book. Or take a long drive with the music blaring. Or, I go to the barn and spend time with my horse, Casey.
2. How long have you been blogging? Who is your target audience? How often, if at all, do you think about quitting or taking an extended break?
I’ve been blogging off and on for about 3 years. I had another blog once upon a time in a land far, far away. I don’t do anything with that blog now, no one who followed that blog is aware of this blog and I’m ok with that. I don’t really have a target audience. I write for me, I write what I please and have never thought about the audience much. I have quit one blog and moved on to another. There was a 9 month period of non-blogging in there. I just simply didn’t have anything to say. Do I think about quitting? Well, I have with this blog early on, but then I got a couple comments and that’s good enough for me. Besides, if I quit, how can I know I’m famous for blogs about moose poop?
3. Think back over the past year. Tell us: five good things that happened in your life, three bad things that happened in your life. Now go through your blog archives and pick five posts that you personally liked/resonated with you, or, you would like to share with your new readers. Link to them, please.
Five good things:
1. CP got a new job after 5 months of unemployment.
2. We moved to a wonderful, new house.
3. We adopted Copper.
4. Casey, ‘nough said.
5. Christmas didn’t suck for me this year.
Three not so good things:
1. Drama with the kids on my birthday, but I guess that’s what can happen with blended families. Needless to say that the attitudes and disrespect from them made my birthday unpleasant.
2. Doodle and her mom moved away from the local area. We don’t see Doodle as much as we used to or as often as we like even with joint custody.
3. While CP was laid off, the house we were renting was foreclosed on and we had to move, which was extremely difficult and resulted in the rehoming of a couple of our dogs.
I don’t have many posts so I’ll pick these:
4. It’s a new year – a new beginning. Please finish this sentence: I will work very hard to make the following three things happen in 2009:
I will work hard to make the following three things happen in 2009: That Dude get the schooling and education services he needs for his ADHD, that transitions for Doodle are supported by CP and I (especially now her mom is having a baby), that I find some of my own personal happiness.